Monday, January 04, 2010

Sept 2006

Sep 11, 2006 at 07:40 o\clock
Peace and Tolerance revisited
by: arkangel Keywords: 11, bob, dylan, peter, ackroyd, london, love, and, theft, birthday

Mood: reflective
Listening to: bob dylan

-----Original Message-----

From: ArkAngel

Sent: 11 September 2006 07:35

To: 'breakfast@bbc.co.uk'

Subject: Memories of 9/11

I was celebrating birth on that day of death. It was my 38th birthday.

My friends at work had taken me out for lunch. We returned to our office to be confronted with the difficult to comprehend scenes of burning buildings and colliding planes. When the first tower collapsed a terrible reality started to kick in.

I remember particularly the presents I was given that innocent lunchtime before we returned to those tv pictures. Peter Ackroyd's book 'London' about a city I love. And Bob Dylan's album that had just come out that day 'Love and Theft' which represnted the opposite of death and terrorism - music, man's art and creativity.

ArkAngel

London

[at this point I moved to here (for personal) and Simple Pleasures part 4 (for professional)]

No comments: