Monday, January 04, 2010

May 2005


May 14, 2005
Bucking the trend on Friday the 13th

So as Friday the 13th draws to a close what Simple Pleasures have helped offset it today?

Comic books - this morning I was reading a newish one I bought in Dublin on Monday entitled 'Shining Knight' from DC Comics. I've really got back into these (as Noah observed in the car taking him to skool this morning) thanks to coming across Vertigo Comics recently in a shop at Camden Market. And I came across Vertigo thanks to comic book writer Alan Moore and his fabulous The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.


Then there's the delight of story-telling which I've been engaging with thanks to a new website I've been working on called 'Every Object Tells a Story' www.everyobject.net to which I contributed a couple of stories today about seaweed in Lough Swilly in County Donegal and ancient stones (a dolmen) in the Mountains of Morne in Northern Ireland.

As I was reading to the children this evening I spotted our cat (Tommy Boy) sitting on next door's shed staring out at the neighbouring allotments, his wild orange fur radiating against the greenery - a fabulous sight.

No comments: