Sunday, November 23, 2008

Track of the Day


Leaving Me Behind - Nick Drake (a rarity not on the studio albums)

Reminds me of this photo I just bought a print of - Nick Drake moving at a different pace from the day-to-day world, not quite of it - which in turn reminds me of my friend Steve who was also not cut out for this world - greetings Steve (and while I'm at it Ian Harris whose birthday has just passed) - miss you both...

The world humes on at its breakneck pace
People fly in their life-long race
For them there's a future to find
But I think they're leaving me behind.

The chances they come, but the chances have been lost
Success can be gained, but at too great a cost
For some there's a future to find
But I think they're leaving me behind.


Uncanny, you wonder whether he had this picture (by Keith Morris from Five Leaves Left) in mind.

No comments: