Sunday, February 08, 2009

Love is Stronger than Death

[First reading at Bronagh Murphy's funeral]

1. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

...

13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


1 Corinthians 13

[Bronagh Murphy's funeral homily by Fr. Brendan McManus - 4 Feb 2009]

If you have been inspired by Bronagh's life - think about what it was that inspired you and how you could make this part of your own life. They say the best way to remember someone is to make your own a trait that you admired in them. Let’s take a moment to reflect on what that would be and take Bronagh into our hearts forever...

Care (of people) and Compassion.

No comments: